Meeting conducted on-site in the Clanalpine Meeting room.
Present: Mike Lum, Chris Stretton, Lee Beeston, Yvonne Hall, Chris Chandler, Darrel Causbrook, Amanda Haywood, TseRuey Low, Harry Tjondro, David Mayes, Rev. Bruce Stanley (chair)
Apologies: Naomi Reichardt
Next Parish Council meeting: Tuesday, June 14th at 8pm
Matthew 7:7-11 - Ask, seek, knock! We do need to keep asking God for what we need in line with his kingdom's purposes. Then we trust him to provide! And we are thankful that he continues to provide all our needs.
We will be drawing the final Covid restrictions for volunteers to a close soon. In line with the government's easing of restrictions for unvaccinated people, we will soon be announcing the removal of all restrictions for non-vaccinated volunteers. Effective immediately, any restrictions for volunteers in any ministry to adults (such as welcoming) are now removed. Removal of restrictions for those serving in youth and children's ministries will be discussed among staff and announced soon.
- Ermington: As a quick response to a state government "West Invest" project, we have made an expression of interest application under this $1.6 billion funding project to develop the Ermington site and this has been accepted through the first stage. We will now be working on the full grant application. The application is for $9.75 million. There are many applicants across the state, and it will take more than 8 weeks to lodge and 8 months to receive a response for or against the application. Please pray.
- Other work on the Ermington site is progressing on a highest needs basis as well as funding availability, such as the moving of existing electricity cables underground for safety reasons, and the installation of the playground for which we have already received a funding grant (design is still progressing)
- Eastwood: Construction of the toilet block and access ramp is expected to be completed around the end of May.
- Bells: No further progress has been made. The next step will be to approach Ryde Council for DA approval.
- Future works: We continue to plan for the construction of a detention tank for the Eastwood site, and the sealing of the carpark. We ask all members to consider regular committed giving to these projects. Details are on our website as to how you can give directly to the building fund so this can happen in good time. We are currently in need of non-tax-deductible gifts for the building work.
Andrew and Liz Glover have anticipated that they will be able to begin with us from July 11. Andrew will serve across the Ermington and Eastwood sites as Assistant Minister.
Although we had a slow start to the year, we are slowly seeing a positive change in giving. We ask all members to please continue to pray about their own financial commitments to regular giving as well as giving to special projects.
We are currently at 91.7% of the budget, which leaves us behind $22,737 for the year to date. It would be great to continue to catch up on this shortfall.
Details for online banking can be found on our website here: Giving page
- Income required:
Year to date: $275,409
- Current offertory:
Year to date: $252,672
- Shortfall: $22,737
Current offertory is 91.7% of the budget
Our mission budget and fundraising targets for the year were resolved. We have added a mission in the Philippines and look forward to investigating this new partnership. For the year ahead, we seek to fundraise $35,000, budgeted giving to CMS of $17,000 and congregational contributions to sponsor children through Compassion Australia of $45,000. That adds to a total target of $97,000 for the year.