Meeting conducted on site in the Clanalpine Meeting room.
Present: Chris Stretton, Mike Lum, Chris Chandler, Lee Beeston, Darrel Causbrook, David Mayes, Naomi Reichardt, Matthew Lee, Rev. Bruce Stanley (chair)
Apologies: Yvonne Hall, Andy Feng, Amanda Haywood
Next Parish Council meeting: Tuesday, February 8 at 8pm.
We read Colossians 1:9-14 and discussed our purpose statement as a church for the year(s) ahead: To see God glorified in every household and every generation. We are very thankful for events such as Twilight Carols which really do reflect this purpose of our Church and ministries under God.
- Ermington: we gained a government grant of $48,000 for the building of a playground at St Mark's - praise God! Design and installation details are being worked out over the coming weeks. Fencing is also ready to be installed on site.
- Eastwood: Construction of an access ramp and toilet block is now underway. Expected completion February. Total cost: $243,000. Grant also received for $5,000 for whiteboards and room dividers used for English Classes.
- Bells: We are in process with a DA with Ryde Council and the Diocese for the bell installation.
- Solar panels: With a grant of $11,000, solar panels will be installed (fully funded) on the War Memorial Hall before end of year.
- Outdoor stage area: Was completed last week and used well at Carols! Thanks was expressed to Andrew Simpson at Norwest Structural for a great and timely job.
COVID restrictions come to a near end this week with QR code check-ins remaining one of the few, if only, restrictions upon church gatherings. Although it is no longer mandatory to wear masks, we encourage members to wear a mask whenever possible indoors, as this will provided added comfort to many of our members, especially in church services where physical distancing is not always possible and where singing takes place.
Please contact the wardens if you are aware of any other issues that may need addressing on site as restrictions reduce. firstname.lastname@example.org
Budget and Staffing 2022
The 2022 budget was finalised and all staff stipends and salaries were set by Parish Council for the year ahead. Some staff adjustments are on the horizon, particularly in view of the changes ahead with a new minister being sought for the Ermington centre. More information to come soon!
Offertories have increased over the past month with people back on site. In fact, we were just ahead of budget for the month of November, and are now only a total of $23,479 behind for the whole year (we are currently at 96.6% of budget)
- Income required:
- Current offertory:
- Shortfall: $23,479
Current Offertory is 96.6% of the budget