Meeting conducted on-site in the Clanalpine Meeting room.
Present: Mike Lum, Chris Stretton, Lee Beeston, Yvonne Hall, Chris Chandler, Naomi Reichardt, Amanda Haywood, TseRuey Low, Harry Tjondro, David Mayes, Rev. Bruce Stanley (chair)
Apologies: Darrel Causbrook
Next Parish Council meeting: Tuesday, July 14th at 8pm
1 Peter 4:7-11 - There's something for us all to consider here as to how we serve in God's Church. Peter reminds us that there are many challenges to being a part of the body of Christ - and we need to consider those areas where we can pay more attention - hospitality, serving, loving... which areas of your life or your congregation may need more attention?
All restrictions for serving based on vaccination status will be removed completely from the end of June.
- Ermington: As a response to a state government "West Invest" project, we have made an expression of interest application under this $1.6 billion funding project to develop the Ermington site and this has been accepted through the first stage. We have less than 2 weeks to complete the remainder of this application now. We have been working on amended plans with a reduced application of around $7 million for a full site development. Please pray that under God, this application might be successful. Our thanks to the team involved in this detailed application process.
- Other work on the Ermington site is progressing on a highest needs basis as well as funding availability, such as the moving of existing electricity cables underground for safety reasons, and the installation of the playground for which we have already received a funding grant (design is still progressing). The playground contract is expected to be finalised soon so construction can commence. The fencing of the site has now been completed on-site, as of Tuesday this week!
- Eastwood: Construction of the toilet block and access ramp is expected to be completed soon. Some delays have occurred but we do hope for completion in the coming weeks.
- Bells: No further progress has been made. The next step will be to approach Ryde Council for DA approval. We are still awaiting advice from the Sydney Diocese.
- Future works: We continue to plan for the construction of a detention tank for the Eastwood site, and the sealing of the carpark. We ask all members to consider regular committed giving to these projects. Details are on our website as to how you can give directly to the building fund so this can happen in good time. We are currently in need of non-tax-deductible gifts for the building work.
- Grants. Two further state government grants have been lodged for playground shelters at Eastwood and Ermington to cover the playgrounds and the rear CMC deck.
Andrew and Liz Glover will begin with us on July 11. Andrew has now finished his ministry work in Cambodia and he and Liz are planning their trip home now. Andrew will serve across the Ermington and Eastwood sites as Assistant Minister. A clean-up day at the Emington Rectory will be held on Saturday 18th June, 9 am - 12 pm.
Our weekly giving has been on a slow increase, but we remain behind budget. As we catch up on this shortfall, we ask all members to continue to consider our regular giving - especially online.
We are currently at 91.9% of the budget, which leaves us behind $28,088 for the year to date. It would be great to continue to catch up on this shortfall. Thank you for your generous efforts so far!
Details for online banking can be found on our website here: Giving page
- Income required:
Year to date: $347,541
- Current offertory:
Year to date: $319,452
- Shortfall: $28,088
The current offertory is 91.9% of the budget
Our mission outlook has seen opportunities to expand into South East Asia. We are currently looking into some more mission support in this part of the world, including our decision last month to support mission in the Philippines. We are also preparing to farewell Julie in two weeks as she moves to serve in SE Asia